Fireside Chat — Branding, Activism and Sustainability in The Greenhouse by Natalie Brewster & Teri Henman
About this video
Join us for an intimate discussion with Natalie Brewster and Teri Henman. Natalie and Teri will share about their experiences running The Body Shop in-house creative agency, 'The Greenhouse,' the evolution of the iconic brand and how social and environmental activism are incorporated into their work.
- The Body Shop in-house creative agency is called The Greenhouse. Could you tell us a little about the creative history of the brand and where that name came from? Do you find having a name for your internal agency creates a different feeling for staff, compared to if you were called something like Creative Services?
- You recently led The Body Shop Global Brand Rejuvenation project. Could you tell us what was involved with this project and how it has changed the brand strategy for company?
- What are some of the biggest challenges you come up against in your role in creative operations?
- Does your internal agency also work with external agencies? How do you choose which type of projects go external?
- What advice would you give an in-house creative manager that is struggling with the approval process in their organization? Do you have any tactics that help the approval process go smoothly?
- Having worked for both the in-house and agency side of things, what are the biggest advantages for in-house creatives that staff at an external agency wouldn't have, and how can we take advantage of these opportunities?
About Natalie Brewster
Natalie is the Director of Global Creative Operations at The Body Shop where she is responsible for building and driving successful, motivated teams and producing world-class campaigns and omnichannel creative assets. Natalie has managed both in-house Marketing and Creative teams as well as working in global creative agencies producing award-winning campaigns. She has a strong industry network which has been fostered over her career, and is a strong and dynamic leader with proven ability to operate successfully in periods of growth and expansion. She previously worked at Mother, Arcadia group, Gap Inc and Jack Wills and has lived in London, New York and San Francisco. A highly organised, result oriented leader with a proven track record on delivering multi-million pound projects for global organizations, she is passionate about creativity and extremely adaptable, with an exceptional eye for detail whilst staying commercially focused.
About Teri Henman
Teri is the Head of Global Creative at The Body Shop where she leads a team of multidisciplinary creatives from packaging design through to digital campaign content. Teri is a dynamic and driven leader, with an eye for design detail and a concept first approach to creative ideation. She has over 15 years of experience across in-house retail and branding agency roles, for companies including Interbrand, forpeople, howies, Ted Baker, Wrangler and Philips. Teri believes that successful creative communicates the values and purpose of a brand; her experience in branding design serves as a solid foundation for the ethical brand creative Teri crafts with her team at The Body Shop. Teri motivation comes from the knowledge that creative however large or small the project can have a positive impact on people lives.