From Service to Strategy — The Current State of In-house DesignKathleen Scott RGD
About this video
The concept of an in-house design agency has emerged in recent years, elevating the role of designers and creative teams from service providers to creative strategists. Join our panel as they look at what this shift means for in-house teams and how we can leverage and promote this concept in our organizations.
The panel will address questions such as:
- How has the role of in-house design teams evolved in the last decade? Are companies seeing the value of in-house design more now than before?
- Has the pandemic created new opportunities for in-house designers in terms of the work they do and new ways to grow?
- What advice do you have for those looking to grow their in-house teams? How can they demonstrate the value of design within their companies?
- What does it mean to run your in-house team like an agency? Is there an ideal structure?
- Eman El-Fayomi Head of Design | Canadian Digital Service (CDS)
- Fransje Melief | Senior Global Brand UX Design Lead, ING
- Josh Dudych | Director of Creative Services, True North Sports + Entertainment
Moderator: Kathleen Scott RGD |Creative Strategy Team Lead, Bruce Power
Kathleen Scott RGD
Kathleen is an award-winning graphic designer who brings creative solutions to corporate communications. For over a decade, she has been Creative Strategy Team Lead at Bruce Power where they deliver all things design, including a complete rebrand for the company in 2019. In 2017, they were honoured to be the design partner for RGD’s In-House Design Awards. She often moderates webinars and leads initiatives that support in-house designers.