BDO Canada LLP - Toronto, On
- Full Time
Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our Toronto office is look for a Graphic Designer to join our in-house team of designers and content creators, and own the following responsibilities:
- Design marketing collateral targeted at specific market segments to increase recognition of BDO, aligned with campaign objectives and brand strategy
- Design a wide range of visually engaging and branded marketing materials including interactive, social media, long-form, and sales content, PowerPoint presentations and other MS Office templates, advertisements, and sales content
- Design within BDO’s corporate visual identity guidelines and related branding standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of design in a digital first environment
- As part of a graphic design team, work closely with other designers and content creators in a collaborative manner to develop new ideas and concepts
- Produce high quality creative assets under strict deadlines
- Able to consistently meet project deadlines and commitments, always keeping internal stakeholders informed of projects and progress
- Review and proofread files to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Exercise strong judgment and project management skills to balance priorities and communication to stakeholders
- Ability to grasp the substance of business issues being communicated and then articulate visual options that enhance / clarify audience understanding
- A team player who demonstrates initiative and coordination proficiencies
- Synchronize and brainstorm with others at various levels in the organization in a strategic manner to elevate the visual communication of information
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect & Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high-quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education:
- University degree/college certificate in graphic design or related field with 1-3 years’ experience in graphic design within a marketing team required
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; experience with Express, After Effects and Premiere an asset
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including experience with template production. Experience with Templafy an asset
- Proven skills and educational training in typography, layout, composition, color theory and information design
- Understanding of print and digital production processes
- Self-starter with strong work ethic, able to manage own time and take initiative
- Professional client service manner and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, developing creative design solutions within tight deadlines
- Excellent collaborative skills for working in a team environment, including the ability to convey graphic design recommendations in a productive manner
- B2B marketing experience preferred
- Experience with Kentico or other website content management system is an asset
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS preferred
- French language skills are an asset
- Candidates who are selected for an interview will be asked to provide a portfolio of related work and complete a technical screening.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2023. This recognition is a milestone we’re thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways: We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It’s about creating work experiences that meet everyone’s needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
$49,000 - $75,000
How to apply:
Please visit our website at the button below to applyClick here to apply