Blakely Inc - Aurora, ON
We are looking for you!
As a Graphic Designer (Production) at Blakely, you will do more than captivate audiences with design. Your work will ignite change and drive missions forward. This role is a unique opportunity to leverage your skills in a way that truly matters.
You can bring a concept to life through tasteful, engaging, and effective innovative design. You take pride in flawless files and execute seamless production across multiple mediums. You have an eye for detail and thrive in a fast-paced team environment. And now you are ready to take your exceptional design skills and do some good in the world by marketing what matters and helping non-profit organizations.You will report to the Creative Director and work closely with the Associate Creative Director, Art Directors, Account Managers and Production Designers to design fundraising campaigns that are strategically sound, visually engaging, and flawlessly executed.
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven working experience as a Graphic Designer in an agency (or comparable) setting
- Impeccable design sense that is proven by an outstanding portfolio
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Animate and Acrobat), and a bunch of other programs you may never use – but you are that good!
- Exceptional production skills, leveraging the above programs to produce technically accurate files for both digital and print production output, on par with best practice and the latest industry standards.
- Proven expertise in current digital production conventions (i.e., accessibility standards, social media & Google ad specs, email best practices, mobile first understanding, files sizes and formats, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to adapt to evolving project requirements.
- Excellent teamwork abilities, capable of collaborating effectively across various departments.
- An eagle-eye for details
- A positive attitude paired with an ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Post-secondary education in the creative arts/design field (Arts, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, or equivalent graphic design/art direction experience) metrics.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in health, social, environmental, or educational non-profit sectors is a plus, bringing valuable insight into our diverse range of clients/projects.
- A working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and a basic understanding of HTML/CSS and/or CMS is not required but a welcomed bonus.
- Work with diverse clients ranging from health to social and environmental causes.
- Receive and interpret execution briefs, have a basic understanding of marketing, strategy, target audience, positioning, etc.
- Execute creative concepts, bringing creativity and strategy to life through strong, contemporary graphic design.
- Create visuals that inform, attract, educate, and move the audience to action.
- Take work from initial concept through to final execution in digital and print tactics such as google display ads, social media ads, emails, landing pages, direct mail, newsletters, inserts and more.
- Build and design technically accurate digital & print production files, pre-flight, QC and final delivery to developers, digital media vendors and printers, all while keeping design and branding guidelines in mind.
- Format content across a wide range of mediums (primarily digital channels and direct mail)
- Collaborate with team members throughout the agency.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Stay on top of trends and maintain best practices.
Who is Blakely:
We are a diverse and smart team who value transparency, collaboration, hard work, and curiosity. We value people more than anything else and we demonstrate that in our team, in our work, and within the amazing relationships we nurture every day with our clients.
As a workplace which strives to create a culture based on inclusivity and teamwork, we believe that our culture is our biggest competitive advantage. We provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, colour, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, or disability, visible or invisible.
We need you – a creative graphic designer who wants to make a difference in the world, to join our Creative Team.
The starting salary range for this position is based on an annual salary of $48,000 - $58,000 commensurate with experience, prorated for the length of the contract. The contract position starts ASAP and concludes on December 20th, 2024.
This is a location flexible position. The successful candidate will be able to choose where they do their day-to-day work either from home or the Blakely office, located in Aurora, ON. This position can also be fully remote and is considered remote if you live more than 150 kilometers from the Blakely office. Maintaining a good working relationship is key to success, for non-remote workers, there will be a requirement to come into the office occasionally for meetings and meet in person with clients as the role requires.
For remote workers, there will be a requirement to come to the Blakely office for in-person meetings approximately 4-6 times per calendar year and occasional travel for in person client meetings dependent on the client and Blakely needs, with reimbursement for travel based on Blakely’s policy.
How to apply:
If this description sounds like you, please send your resume to us at email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 23rd, 2024. We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates of interest will be contacted.
Begin your journey with us in 2024, and let us inspire people to do more.