Urban Strategies Inc.- Toronto, ON
Urban Strategies is an urban design, planning and engagement consultancy with studios in Toronto, Ontario, Hamilton, Ontario, and Vancouver, BC. We lead complex projects in cities all over the world and have an active practice across Canada and in the US, the Caribbean, Europe, and Asia. We are problem solvers who can help achieve successful outcomes for the full range of urban opportunities. Urban Strategies is a group of 80+ Planners, Urban Designers and specialized staff. The firm is led by our 16 Partners and 7 Principals and supported by a complement of skilled professionals. We have diverse backgrounds, including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, public administration, engagement, geospatial analysis, graphic design and the visual arts. We combine our diverse perspectives to plan and design welcoming, thriving places – and have fun in the process.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for undertaking a wide range of design assignments on projects large and small, working collaboratively with internal and external team members.
- Editorial layout and production of graphics-rich documents such as proposals, promotional packages and project reports (print and digital);
- In collaboration with the Partner, Business Development and Communications creates compelling digital materials for web and social media sites, as well as client presentations (PowerPoint presentations);
- In collaboration with Project Leadership, develops visually engaging public facing materials such as open house panels, bulletins and other communication materials;
- In collaboration with Project Leadership, sets up and maintains project websites and online surveys;
- Develops branding, diagrams, and data infographics for projects, including but not limited to timeline schedules, organization and flow charts, logos;
- Design documents, presentations, diagrams, and data infographics to support internal initiatives and products including but not limited to onboarding, events and training materials;
- In collaboration with the Partner, Business Development and Communications, maintenance of the firm’s marketing materials, image library and website;
- Understanding of AODA graphic standards (online and print);
- Participation in and graphic support for client and staff events and activities;
- Daily communication with Project Leadership teams to ensure that all required deliverables for projects are properly executed and delivered on time;
- Continually learning and staying up to date on design industry trends
- Leads internal training session (Academy Sessions) on Adobe Creative Suite and other internal design applications.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
Skills and qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Graphic Design from an accredited institution
- Advanced Indesign experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress,
- Strong PowerPoint skills.
- Solid understanding of MS Office suite.
- Strong visual eye and attention to detail.
- Collaborative, fun, energetic, great team communication skills.
- Highly organized with great time management skills.
- Excellent command of a MAC platform.
- Membership in RGD.
- Photography skills , video editing and animation software skills.
- Interested in cities, architecture, landscapes, urban life.
60,000 - 70,000
12-18 month parental leave contract
How to apply:
Please apply for this role on our website: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/urban-strategies/43083
Urban Strategies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that values diversity, a place where people from various backgrounds and experiences can work productively together. Our studios are designed for maximum interaction, across all disciplines and levels of seniority. We cultivate an integrated, collegial workplace both in person and working remotely, with numerous staff committees, social events, and professional development programs. These opportunities to celebrate, learn and have fun together are essential to our philosophy as an organization. We strive to build up each other and the profession. We make space for everyone at the firm to grow, lead, teach and have an impact. We share what we learn and expand opportunities for people to participate in planning and design.
Please visit our website to learn more about our firm.
Note: This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required, and the employee may be required to perform other duties (that they are skilled to perform) as requested.