Digital Design Director
Zulu Alpha Kilo Inc. - Toronto, ON
- Full Time
At Zulu, the Design Team is committed to creating breakthrough products, experiences, and services. We’re looking for a senior talent for our Digital Design Director to bring their penchant for problem solving and serious design chops to life across a range of projects for emerging start-ups to some of the most globally recognized brands.
As a Digital Design Director, you are an accomplished visual designer with a track record of creating unique brand experiences. You are just as comfortable shaping the larger strategy and identifying the key opportunities for meaningful innovation as you are pushing the creative boundaries of how a brand behaves and visually comes to life across the entire user experience. You naturally have your eye on what’s leading edge in the digital space with a mind for creating a design system that can be scaled across apps, e-com sites, social, and integrated campaigns. You love collaborating with multi-disciplinary designers, copywriters, art directors, motion artists, and strategists.
You also know how to distill the magic of an idea down to its most compelling element and can communicate it to nearly any audience. You can bring people along and keep things simple on the surface, even if they’re complicated under the hood. You enjoy championing the discipline on a program, as well as inspiring and mentoring people along the way.
- You strive to solve for a real human need in addition to delivering brand value.
- You know the difference between an idea and an execution.
- You are driven by an interest in the latest trends in technology and social media.
- You are comfortable with building a brand from scratch and with evolving a brand into something more relevant and meaningful.
- You approach all projects with strong conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design as well as a solid understanding of best practices in interaction, user interfaces, and navigation.
- You love collaborating and have a strong drive to up overall standards of digital creativity.
- You’re comfortable with iterating ideas as well as shifting approaches, situations and priorities.
Ideal candidates should have:
- 8+ years of experience in a creative environment.
- Ability to lead a project and team.
- A conceptual thinker with an eye for compelling visual design and a portfolio full of smart solutions across a range of digital platforms.
- Solid foundation in UI and UX fundamentals, user-centered design principles, responsive design, and workflows.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Understanding of accessibility requirements (WCAG 2.0 Level AA).
- Great communication skills – ability to effectively pitch design concepts and articulate design decisions to senior clients.
- Experience in human-centred design is a huge plus.
Zulu Alpha Kilo is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial, and local laws. Zulu Alpha Kilo is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
How to apply:
Apply through Linkedin. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please include a link to your portfolio. Thank you for your interest in Zulu.