We The Collective - Vancouver, BC
- Full Time
In this role at We the Collective and as a part of our creative team, you will be responsible for the creation and execution of innovative designs and interfaces. You’ll be combining your expertise in design tools, attention to detail, and understanding of design principles to transform ideas into practical solutions. Collaboration with internal teams and client stakeholders will be integral to your role, as will your ability to confidently articulate your creative rationale and adapt to feedback. This role can be performed from Vancouver, BC (relocation available), or 100% remotely from anywhere in Canada or the United States, working Pacific hours
What you will do:
Your work will span from creating initial mockups, storyboards and prototypes to delivering comprehensive layouts. Integral to your role will be a collaborative approach, involving open communication with the design and production teams and regular check-ins with digital project managers to maintain project momentum. Your work will not only be reviewed by the Senior Designers, the Associate Creative Director or Creative Director, but you’ll actively involve them in the process, ensuring alignment with client goals. A dynamic role, it will demand an understanding of the latest design tools, UX principles, and the ability to deftly manage timelines in a fast-paced agency environment.
Every individual at We the Collective plays a critical role in fostering our core values. Regardless of the position, we look for candidates who:
- Engage and collaborate. The most impactful solutions arise from a diversity of thought. This diversity depends on open, respectful communication that utilizes the team's collective strengths. Engage with your colleagues, listen to their perspectives. The whole, indeed, is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Spark curiosity. Never stop asking why. Challenge the norm to ideate more effective solutions. If you're utterly comfortable in your role, it's time to get more curious.
- Exemplify trustworthiness and ethics. Our reputation is built on being reliable and ethical. This enhances mutual respect with our clients and teammates. Acknowledge and fix your mistakes. Conduct business fairly and treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Show, don't tell. We are action takers. Challenges are opportunities for solutions. The best approach is to dive in and tackle them head-on. Prioritize measurable progress over perfection to reach the solution faster.
- Obsessed with quality. We strive for continuous improvement, encouraging each other to perform our best. Nothing is shipped until it's something we're proud of.
- Conceptualize and create designs and interfaces, crafting mockups, prototypes, and comprehensive layouts efficiently and accurately for a variety of channels and platforms.
- Concept and brainstorm how the digital campaigns come to life visually across numerous social media platforms.
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind your creative choices to both internal and external stakeholders
- Adapt and refine your ideas based on collaborative feedback while maintaining momentum and attention to larger goals.
- Maintain transparent communication about design choices and direction with the production team.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure problem-solving, task completion, and adherence to timelines.
- Include Senior Designers, the Associate Creative Director, or Creative Director in reviewing your work to ensure alignment with client goals.
Skills and proficiencies:
- Minimum of 3 years of interactive design experience, preferably within an agency environment.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating relevant work across web, social, and other digital properties within an advertising context.
- Expertise in translating ideas into tangible, workable solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and craftsmanship.
- Understanding of current design trends, patterns, and systems.
- Proficiency in current design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision Studio, Webflow, Axure RP, etc.
- Basic understanding of HTML5, CSS, and working proficiency with structured content in CMSs.
- Solid understanding of user experience (UX) principles, including user-centricity, consistency, hierarchy, context, user control, and accessibility.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, robust problem-solving skills, and sound business judgment.
- Comfortable presenting ideas to internal teams and client stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong interpersonal abilities.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing time.
|75,000 - 85,000
How to apply:
Please apply on our website. Please include any applicable instructions, including the link or email address.